Effective as of August 1, 2016
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. LICENSE GRANT. This Agreement provides You with a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-sublicenseable license to use the Website solely for your personal use or your internal business purposes.
2. License RESTRICTIONS. The foregoing license is limited. You therefore may not (i) use, copy, store, reproduce, transmit, distribute, display, rent, lease, sell, modify, alter, license, sublicense, or commercially exploit the Website (or any part thereof) in any manner not expressly permitted by this Agreement, (ii) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, translate, or create any derivative work of the Website (or any part thereof); (iii) access, link to, or use any source code from the Website (or any part thereof); or (iv) erase or remove any proprietary or intellectual property notice contained in or on the Website (or any part thereof). In addition, You acknowledge and agree that exceeding the scope of the license herein shall be a material breach of this Agreement and subject to the termination provisions set forth herein.
3. USER OBLIGATIONS. Subject to Lighthouse Consulting’s right to monitor or audit compliance, You acknowledge and agree that it is solely your responsibility to maintain your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. By accessing or using the Website, You also agree to be responsible for and to abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, regulations, rules, and guidelines with respect to your use of the Website. In addition, You agree to assume all responsibility for your use, and the results of your use, of the Website, including meeting any requirements of your contracts with third parties or other persons.
4. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. The contents of the Website, including all software, design, text, graphics, images, photographs, illustrations, audio and video material, artwork, databases, user interfaces, visual interfaces, sounds, artwork, computer code (including html code), products, information, and documentation, as well as the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel,” and arrangement of the Website (collectively, “Material”) unless otherwise indicated, are owned, controlled, and licensed by Lighthouse Consulting or its licensors. Any rights granted hereby are expressly licensed. Lighthouse Consulting does not grant any implied right to You or any other person and does not transfer or assign any ownership or intellectual property interest or title in or to the Website (or any part thereof) to You or anyone else. Accordingly, your unauthorized use of the Website (including any Material) may violate intellectual property or other proprietary rights laws as well as other laws, regulations, and statutes. The Website and Material is Copyright ©2016 Lighthouse Consulting, INC. and/or its licensors. You must not alter, delete or conceal any copyright or other notices contained on the Website or Material, including notices on any audio/visual material You access, download, transmit, display, print or reproduce from the Website. You shall not, nor will You allow any third party (whether or not for your benefit) to reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party (including, without limitation, on or via a third party website), or otherwise use, any Material without the express prior written consent of Lighthouse Consulting or its owner if Lighthouse Consulting is not the owner. Lighthouse Consulting and all other names, logos, and icons identifying Lighthouse Consulting and its products and services are proprietary trademarks of Lighthouse Consulting (or its affiliates), and any use of such marks, including, without limitation, as domain names or account identifiers, without the express written permission of Lighthouse Consulting is strictly prohibited. Other product and company names mentioned herein or on the Website may be the trademarks and/or service marks of their respective owners.
5. LINKS TO OTHER SITES. Lighthouse Consulting may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other sites from which You can purchase goods or services from third party merchants. Lighthouse Consulting is not a seller or owner of any goods or services advertised, featured, or otherwise mentioned on these sites. These sites have not necessarily been reviewed by Lighthouse Consulting and are maintained by third parties over which Lighthouse Consulting exercises no control. Accordingly, Lighthouse Consulting expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the materials, the accuracy of the information, and/or the quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third-party websites. Moreover, these links do not imply an endorsement with respect to any third party or any website or the products or services provided by any third party. Your transactions and other dealings with third party merchants or advertisers that are found on or through the Website, including “click to purchase,” “co-registration,” and other similar programs, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, are solely between You and such merchant or advertiser.
6. OFFERS AND PROMOTIONS. Lighthouse Consulting distributes third party product information and product promotional offers to our users. We are not responsible for errors, omissions, or the expiration dates of any promotional offer. It is Your responsibility to ensure that a discount, free offer or other promotional offer is present during the checkout process at the selected merchant website from which you purchase a product. All featured offers and promotions are subject to change without notice and Lighthouse Consulting does not exercise any control over the ability of any merchant to complete the sale in accordance with such offers and promotions.
7. PRODUCT DISPLAY AND COLORS. Lighthouse Consulting does not guarantee that the color of the product images on the Website matches the actual color of the products. Please note that the appearance of colors on the Website may be influenced by the monitor You use to view the Website.
8. Mobile Services. The Website may include certain services that are available to You via your mobile phone or other mobile device if You have subscribed to them, including the ability to use your mobile device to receive and reply to messages from Lighthouse Consulting, and access certain other features (collectively, “Mobile Services”). Although Lighthouse Consulting does not charge You for these Mobile Services, your mobile carrier’s normal messaging, data, and other rates and fees will still apply to your use of the Mobile Services. In addition, downloading, installing, or using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by your mobile carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices. Therefore, You are responsible for checking with your mobile carrier to determine if the Mobile Services are available for your mobile devices, what restrictions, if any, may be applicable to your use of the Mobile Services, and how much they will cost you. By using the Mobile Services, You agree that Lighthouse Consulting may communicate with You by SMS, MMS, or other electronic means to your mobile device and that certain information about your usage of the Mobile Services may be communicated to Lighthouse Consulting. In the event You change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, You agree promptly to update your mobile subscription account information to ensure that the messages Lighthouse Consulting intends to send to You are not sent to another person who acquires your former mobile telephone number.
9. FEEDBACK. Lighthouse Consulting welcomes your feedback and suggestions about Lighthouse Consulting’s products or services or with respect to how to improve the Website. But, by transmitting any feedback or suggestions and any related information, material, or other content (collectively, “feedback”) to Lighthouse Consulting, You represent and warrant that such feedback does not infringe or violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party (including, without limitation, patents, copyrights, or trademark rights) and that You have all rights necessary to convey such feedback to Lighthouse Consulting. In addition, any feedback received by Lighthouse Consulting will be deemed to include from You a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, non-exclusive right and license for Lighthouse Consulting to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, use, create derivative works, and display (in whole or in part) worldwide, or act on such feedback without additional approval or consideration, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such information, material, or content, and You hereby waive any claim to the contrary.
10. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. You represent and warrant to Lighthouse Consulting that (i) You are at least the legal age of majority, (ii) You are authorized to enter into this Agreement, (iii) You will access and view the Website and the Materials for your personal, non-commercial use only; (iv) You will not use the Website or the Materials for any purpose or in any manner that violates any law or regulation or that infringes the rights of Lighthouse Consulting or any third party; (v) any information or data provided to Lighthouse Consulting by You will not violate any law or regulation or infringe the rights of Lighthouse Consulting or any third party; (vi) all information that You provide to us in connection with the Website (e.g., name, e-mail address, and/or other information) is true and accurate; and (vii) You are authorized and able to fulfill and perform the obligations and meet the conditions of a user as specified herein.
11. WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS. THE WEBSITE AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS”. Lighthouse Consulting DOES NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE, OF THE WEBSITE OR MATERIALS IN TERMS OF AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CURRENTNESS, COMPLETENESS, FUNCTIONALITY, INTENDED PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE. Lighthouse Consulting ALSO DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR MATERIALS WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR IN A MANNER THAT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE WEBSITE IS WITH YOU. THE WEBSITE, THE MATERIALS AND ANY ASSOCIATED INFORMATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” AND Lighthouse Consulting HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. You acknowledge and agree that Lighthouse Consulting shall not be liable or responsible for any claim, damage, or loss resulting from a cause beyond Lighthouse Consulting’ control, including, but not limited to, offers or promotions made available on the Website, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other connection problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars, governmental restrictions, or any claim, damage, or loss arising out of transactions or interactions between You, third party merchants or anyone else. You specifically acknowledge that Lighthouse Consulting shall not be liable for defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with You. MOREOVER, YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL Lighthouse Consulting BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR LOST PROFITS, FOR LOST DATA, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF Lighthouse Consulting HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, TOTAL LIABILITY OF Lighthouse Consulting FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER RELATED TO USE OF THE WEBSITE, RESULTS FROM USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1,000.00 USD).
13. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement has been made in and will be construed and enforced solely in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, U.S.A., as applied to agreements entered into and completely performed in the State of Florida. The state or local courts in the State of Florida will have exclusive jurisdiction and venue over all controversies in connection with this Agreement, and You hereby consent to such exclusive and personal jurisdiction and venue. Any claim You might have against Lighthouse Consulting must be brought within two (2) years after the cause of action arises, or such claim or cause of action is barred. In addition, You agree to waive any right to a jury trial in connection with any action or litigation in any way arising out of or related to this Agreement and that each party has the right to seek attorneys’ fees in any proceeding. You also acknowledge and agree that any applicable state law implementation of the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (including any available remedies or laws) shall not apply to this Agreement and is hereby disclaimed. A printed version of this Agreement and of any related notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent as other documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Please contact Lighthouse Consulting if You wish to receive a printed copy of this Agreement.
14. ENFORCEMENT. Lighthouse Consulting wishes to maintain the Website as a helpful resource for all of its users. As it relates to Lighthouse Consulting, You therefore have no reasonable expectation of privacy while using the Website because Lighthouse Consulting reserves the right to view, monitor, and/or record activity on the Website (in accordance with applicable law) and to comply with government or court appointed authorities when necessary. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of the Website may also result in criminal and/or civil prosecution, including, without limitation, punishment under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 under U.S. federal law. You shall therefore not, nor shall You permit any third party to, disable, circumvent, or otherwise avoid any security device, mechanism, protocol, or procedure established by Lighthouse Consulting for use of or with the Website. Moreover, You also acknowledge that any breach, threatened or actual, of this Agreement by You may cause irreparable injury to Lighthouse Consulting and/or its licensors, such injury would not be quantifiable in monetary damages, and Lighthouse Consulting and/or its licensors would not have an adequate remedy at law. You therefore agree that Lighthouse Consulting and/or its licensors (or on their behalf) shall be entitled, in addition to other available remedies, to seek and be awarded an injunction or other appropriate equitable relief from a court of competent jurisdiction restraining any breach, threatened or actual, of your obligations under any provision of this Agreement. Accordingly, You hereby waive any requirement that Lighthouse Consulting or its licensors post any bond or other security in the event any injunctive or equitable relief is sought by or awarded to Lighthouse Consulting to enforce any provision of this Agreement.
16. TERMINATION. Lighthouse Consulting also reserves the right at any time and on reasonable grounds, which shall include, without limitation, any reasonable belief of fraud, illegal activity, or actions or omissions that violate any term or condition of this Agreement, to terminate this Agreement with You (including any registered account) in order to protect its name, business, or goodwill and/or any other user. You acknowledge and agree that Lighthouse Consulting shall have the sole right to determine in its reasonable discretion whether You are engaging in any unauthorized activity and/or violating any term or conditions of this Agreement. Lighthouse Consulting shall also not be responsible or liable for any damages or loss, such as loss of sales or profits, as a result of any termination of this Agreement in accordance with this section. You may also terminate at any time by ceasing to use the Website. But, all applicable provisions of this Agreement will survive termination, as outlined below. Any licenses from Lighthouse Consulting and any right to use the Website shall immediately cease upon termination of this Agreement. The provisions concerning feedback, Lighthouse Consulting’ ownership rights, representations and warranties, warranty disclaimer, limitation of liability, governing law, enforcement, termination, and the miscellaneous terms will survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement for any reason.